The Importance of a Great Smile
According to an American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry national survey, Americans place a high value on their smiles:
- 92% believe an attractive smile is an important social asset.
- 85% believe an unattractive smile makes a person less appealing to the opposite sex.
- 74% believe an unattractive smile can hurt a person's chances for career success.
- 50% are not satisfied with the appearance of their own smile.
- Cosmetic Dental Makeover Self-Test
Cosmetic Dental Makeover Self-test
Ask yourself the following questions. If you answer YES to three or more, a cosmetic dental makeover may help you improve your self-esteem:
- Are you self-conscious about your smile?
- Do you avoid smiling when your picture is taken?
- Do you tend to cover your mouth when you speak?
- Do you find yourself trying to keep from smiling too much?
- Are you conscious about spaces and gaps in your teeth?
- Do you feel that your teeth make you look older?
- Do you feel that your teeth are stained or too yellow?
- Do you notice areas of excessive tooth wear that make your smile appear older?
- Do you notice any dark fillings that are apparent when you smile?
- Are your teeth crooked, chipped or crowded?
Bleaching & Teeth Whitening
Regardless of how well you care for your teeth, some yellowing or discoloration will inevitably occur over time. This gradual change can be caused by aging, substances that stain your teeth (such as coffee and tobacco), old restorations or the deterioration of a tooth's nerve. If you have stained or discolored teeth but otherwise like your smile in terms of tooth shape and position, whitening procedures can give you the smile you've always wanted.
Over-the-counter products are not always safe and are usually effective only for very mild cases.
We use both KöR and Discus Dental whitening products, the market leaders in professional teeth whitening. Widely recognized as the world’s most effective teeth whitening system, KöR offers cost-effective solutions from phenomenal home whitening for average patients, to astonishing treatment of tetracycline cases and everything in-between.
Whitening is safe, predictable, and effective. The at-home system involves wearing a thin plastic custom-designed tray containing a whitening gel for only one hour each day for one to two weeks. Initial results last one to three years and are easily maintained by bleaching one to two nights every six to 12 months.
Cosmetic Recontouring or Reshaping
Tooth recontouring or reshaping is a procedure that makes subtle changes to correct slightly crooked teeth, chipped teeth, cracked teeth or slightly overlapping teeth. Dental recontouring can also alter the length, shape or position of your teeth. We generally complete recontouring in just one session. It can be done without discomfort to you and requires no anesthesia.
Porcelain veneers are thin, custom-made shells that are bonded over your teeth to create a beautiful new smile in only two visits. Veneers can cover unattractive gaps and mask stained, misshapen or crooked teeth. If your teeth are chipped, cracked, or worn down, veneers can give you a beautiful smile. Veneers can also broaden your smile and add support to your lips, often helping to remove fine-line wrinkles.
We alter only a minimal amount of the natural tooth to fit the veneer. Unlike most bonding materials, veneers will not change color over time. They are stain-resistant and have a natural tooth-like appearance giving you a brighter and more youthful smile.
Periodontal Plastic Surgery
Many patients have excessive or uneven gums that detract from their smiles. This genetic situation can often be corrected in one visit with a cosmetic "gum lift," resulting in a more even, pleasing smile.
If your teeth seem excessively short with gums covering a good portion of your teeth, this procedure will lift the gum line and expose more of your teeth, filling out and broadening your smile.
We use the Picasso Lite Diode laser in place of a scalpel for certain surgcial procedures. The laser minimizes healing time, discomfort and has extremely predictable results!
Invisalign Orthodontic Treatment
Nearly every adult who wants straighter teeth can be treated without braces using Invisalign. This new technology is the invisible way to straighten teeth using a series of custom-made, nearly undetectable, clear, removable aligner trays. Whether your teeth are crowded, too far apart, or have shifted since wearing braces, Invisalign makes it possible for you to love your smile again.
The advantages of Invisalign over metal braces are:
- Invisalign is a clear plastic device so no one can tell that you are wearing it.
- You don't have to deal with uncomfortable metal wires and brackets irritating your mouth.
- You can eat whatever you want because Invisalign is removable.
- You can maintain oral health by simply taking out the device for normal hygiene procedures.
- Invisalign is quicker and less expensive than conventional braces.