The Importance of a Great Smile
According to an American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry national survey, Americans place a high value on their smiles:
- 92% believe an attractive smile is an important social asset.
- 85% believe an unattractive smile makes a person less appealing to the opposite sex.
- 74% believe an unattractive smile can hurt a person's chances for career success.
- 50% are not satisfied with the appearance of their own smile.
- Cosmetic Dental Makeover Self-test
Cosmetic Dental Makeover Self-test
Ask yourself the following questions. If you answer YES to three or more, a cosmetic dental makeover may help you improve your self-esteem:
- Are you self-conscious about your smile?
- Do you avoid smiling when your picture is taken?
- Do you tend to cover your mouth when you speak?
- Do you find yourself trying to keep from smiling too much?
- Are you conscious about spaces and gaps in your teeth?
- Do you feel that your teeth make you look older?
- Do you feel that your teeth are stained or too yellow?
- Do you notice areas of excessive tooth wear that make your smile appear older?
- Do you notice any dark fillings that are apparent when you smile?
- Are your teeth crooked, chipped or crowded?